Jul 22, 2011

A decade of, Magic

I cannot help myself. I have to blog about this. So, hello blogger after 5 months. It's nice to see you again.

I just catched Deathly Hallows Part 2 last night. I know I am a week late, I have been horridly sick for the past week and school has started. So, yeah. But right now, I don't care. I don't care even if I was a decade late. It was amazing. Truly amazing.


I cried, wept, sobbed so hard during the movie. I nearly got kicked out for clapping so hard when Harry came back to Hogwarts. The movie scene in Singapore is so lame. They just sit and watch like zombies. They did not even clap at the end of the movie!! The only time they responded to the movie was when there was humor! You dumb Singaporeans who do not know how to watch a movie. Whatever. I am so pissed off with the audience I had to share my experience with. I wanted to stand up and clap furiously at the ending, but my sister pulled me down so I did not make a fool of myself. Whatever. I am watching it again and I am going to clap, cry and scream like there's no tomorrow. If you don't clap or even CRY at the end, you don't deserve to watch such a good movie.

Now that I am done ranting about that, the movie.. Oh God. The movie!!! Just, magnificent. Brilliant. Amazing. Awesome. Magical. True. Just, every positive adj the dictionary can offer, that is what Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 is. I do have some disappointments as to some scenes that was tremendously different from the book, but overall it's an amazing movie.

I was whimpering, sobbing and crying at how Snape died. I did not imagine it to be that brutal. Oh God. I was clutching my sister's hand so hard I am shock it did not break. Alan Rickman, all the awards. Really. And LUNA. Oh, LUNA!! "Harry Potter, you listen to me NOW!" LUNA LOVEGOOD, YOU HAVE THOROUGHLY WON MY HEART. EVANNA LYNCH LET ME HUG YOU. That part just got a huge applause out of me! Who knew Luna had it in her!! Harry's face when she said that was priceless!! Neville's short speech when facing Voldemort made me wept. I cried so bad. Those words. I can't deny the true hero for this film is Neville. Neville Longbottom, a million points for being a TRUE Gryffindoor. Even that I do not know if it's enough.

The King Cross scene. Oh. My. God. Did you guys see Daniel's face?! He looked like an angel. An angel. So beautiful. It was such a distraction for that scene. It reminded me of why I was so crazy in love with him for 6 years of my life. So beautiful. Gosh. But this scene is to me, the best scene of the movie. It was the truest to the book. Every background, every prop, every line. I could not stop myself from quoting each line. It's the best. I loved it so much.

I really cried when they showed "19 years later". Throughout the movie, I cried but my tears did not flow. I was just breaking with tears in my eyes. But during the "19 years later" scene, I was so quiet. I was frozen. It hit me hard. I finally realised it's really over. And then, my tears just silently flowed down. It flowed non stop. The music, the faces of the actors gave me goosebumps. My childhood really ended there and then. When the screen went black, I just slumped down and I did not realise when I had my face in my hands and I was crying, hard. My childhood is over. Really over. A decade of magic and on the way, I found my first real best friend, ever. My first group of friends that accepted me for who I am.

Harry Potter is not just a movie or a book. It's a world. A world I grew up in. A world I felt safe in whenever I opened the books. A world where I would lose myself in when I really need time away from the world.

There will no longer be anticipation of a new book or a new film. It's over. It really is.

My sister had to pick me up from the seat and gave me a hug to make me feel better. She's the only person who understood what I felt at that moment. I don't know how long I would have stayed in that crying position if she did not pick me up.
I'd like to say something. Doesn't matter that Harry's gone. People die everyday. Friends, family. Yeah, we lost Harry tonight. He's still with us, in here *points to heart*. So's Fred, and Remus, Tonks....all of them. - Neville Longbottom
Harry Potter might be over, but it stays in our hearts. Magic never dies.